Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Puchao Ramune Flavor

This is one of the few examples of candy on this blog that was found at a local supermarket! So that means, either it's super mainstream or one of the best out there. Or... a lot of other things. But anyways, this gummy comes in quite a few flavors, but I picked out the ever-popular ramune flavor as my first go, and like the Hi-Chew I tried earlier, it comes with bubbles. It'll be quite interesting to see how these two compare.



After being impressed with the easy open nature of the package (you just pull a tab and it's done!), I noticed that the gummy has a very peculiar appearance, especially compared to what's on the package. If I didn't know any better, I'd see the top and think it's toothpaste! A far cry from the clear watery appearance on the package. And the bubbles are greenish rather than the white from the Hi-Chew. Also the gummy doesn't have any smell. Hopefully that's not a bad omen.

Initially trying to bite down I was met with a surprise -  it's harder than I thought! And now I get the ramune flavor in full bloom, and it is quite pleasant. Before Japanese candy I had never heard of this flavor, but it hits that perfect spot of being refreshing and having enough flavor interest to keep going. As time goes on, it gets more chewy, however the flavor seems to dwindle a bit which is a little disappointing. The bubbles seem to provide some flavor bursts but they are far and few between. So while it had a strong start, the end is a little disappointing, and it doesn't provide much besides that ramune burst at the beginning.

Rating: 5 - Ruff!

No comments:

Post a Comment