Saturday, February 10, 2018

Meito Maroyaka Milk Chocolate, Strawberry

In addition to the share packs, another cool thing TokyoTreat does is these party packs, and there's no object for scale her but this is a very large bag! I quite like the design of these chocolates, the way the strawberry sits on top of the chocolate makes it look like a gemstone of some sort. Maybe I can get this as a piece of jewelry? Nah, I'd eat it way too soon. This is a milk chocolate treat, and while I'm not as a huge a fan of milk chocolate as others, I look forward to trying it.



One worry about this was that with such a large bag this wouldn't get eaten quickly enough and the chocolate would go bad or melt. But thankfully Meito thought about this and individually wrapped each chocolate. I mean, I'm sure if I haaaaad to, I'd eat them quickly... and then take a huge puppy nap. The chocolate definitely has a huge milky smell to it, so I think that flavor will be a big component of this. It also looks chewier than I expected, with the chocolate layer looking akin to a Laffy Taffy in texture. Strawberry flavor is there and plenty sweet, but the chocolate is the more pronounced of the bunch.

Turns I was wrong about the texture as my chompers break down the chocolate and strawberry together immediately, and everything about this treat works really well together! What seemed like a hodgepodge all blends in the mouth, the milk, chocolate, and strawberry flavors combine to form a mouth milkshake of sorts, and the texture is so seamless... nice and soft and dissolving so quickly. Not one flavor stands out over the other too much either, and here I don't really mind the milk chocolate as it serves as a medium to blend the two halves.

The taste is also perfectly satisfying, leaving nothing left to be desired as the blend of flavors and then the aftertaste fades. I can see how this is a party pack because it's the perfect thing to leave out in a bowl at a party, a little morsel of chocolate, strawberry, milky goodness that cleanses the palette and satisfies. The only knock against it is that the flavors aren't mind-blowingly amazing, but other than that this is a really solid treat.

Rating: 9 - Arooooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment