Sunday, February 4, 2018

Pretty Cure DIY Strawberry Milkshake

The DIY item from the TokyoTreat box is, rather awrrr-worthy... a milkshake. Last time I had one of these it was just some kind of artificial powder that barely mixed well with the milk in the first place. And from the looks of it, it's made by the same company that made the Minions milkshake. I hope they get the flavor and consistency right, but I'm rather doubtful. At the very least it comes with a collectible cup... of some anime I've never heard of.



The ingredients to this aren't surprising: a cup, a packet, a straw, and a lid. The cup does have a much nicer design than I was expecting, and with the writing "Cure Chocolat" on it you'd really expect this to be a chocolate milkshake, but alas it is not. I will say that the strawberry powder smells nice, it is a bit artificial, but artificial strawberry is way better than artificial banana. Plenty sweet (maybe a little too sweet) too, it's just a matter of how well it blends with the milk.


Interestingly the instructions say to pour the powder in after adding the milk, but after doing this, it's clear why, as the powder sinks all the way to the bottom! I suppose that is to help it mix with the milk in the process, and believe me, this needs all the help mixing it can get. Even after the recommended 60 shakes, there was still a strawberry clump at the bottom! That is rather disappointing, but as long as the clump doesn't taste horrible, I suppose it's fine.

The flavoring is... a little more evident than the banana one was. I feel less like I'm drinking milk with some powder on the side and more like an actual strawberry milkshake, but it's still not quite there, at least in consistency. I wish there was a thickening agent added or something. The strawberry flavor is not much to write home about either, they seem to have taken a normally great flavor and ruined it with cloying sweetness. The strawberry still shines through, but the way it's designed isn't doing it any favors. After the milkshake is finished, I still don't feel like I consumed anything worthwhile? I feel like this company still has much to learn in the art of DIY milkshakes, but maybe the featured brands earn them sales.

Rating: 3 - Rrr

No comments:

Post a Comment