Saturday, February 10, 2018

Pepsi Strawberry Shortcake

Once again, why does Japan get exclusive flavors of normally US products? It doesn't make the slightest bit of sense, unless everyone there has a refined palette like I do and wants to experience new things. But I still think this would sell very well in the states. It also is possibly mislabeled, saying it's Christmas Cola instead, and I'm not even sure what buyers would consider that to be... peppermint? Eggnog? Though from reading, it seems it was in fact offered in Japan during the holiday season.

Not even any pink tinting here, this soda is completely white in color, which I suppose could represent the cake portion of the strawberry shortcake. In turn it's also a more peculiar strawberry taste than most, where I do get more of the angel food cake taste with just a hint of strawberry. Not exactly sure what the angel food cake flavor is, maybe finally and egg?

Drinking a bit of this soda reveals a very similar flavor. The strawberry is subtle but I think after all the strawberry in this box I actually prefer it to the punch-in-the-face strawberry flavors of the others. This also meshes better with the existing cola flavor, providing a lighter note in there to balance out the flavors. The strawberry seems to just be the proverbial garnish to top it all off. While I would not normally drink Pepsi, this is way more refreshing and light than I'm used to, to the point where I don't even mind the bubbles that much. It's not sure to be my go-to drink, but Pepsi did a very good job of creating a flavor that is a bit different than the usually heavy soda flavor.

Rating: 8 - Rowf!

No comments:

Post a Comment