Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Christmas Kuppi Ramune

One last Christmas item comes back to haunt this blog in February, oh no! I found this in the clearance section of my local Japanese market, and of course with a cute cover like that it was worth a try. I'm not too sure what this is other than a ramune tablet, but I guess we'll find out.

Taking the tablet out of the package sure didn't reveal anything new - it's a plain white tablet. And it appears to have no smell at all! The texture is a bit chalky, and that's about all it revealed.

When I put it in my mouth the fun begins. It definitely has a chalky texture all the way throughout, though the taste is not the ramune flavor I've come to expect. It actually tastes... creamy? No, that can't be. It actually dissolved way too fast for me to figure it out so I have to try another one. No, there's no mistaking it, instead of the usual ramune flavor there's more of a buttery milky taste. It's strange, but kinda good? It's not over-the-top sweet but the flavors are more confusing than anything to write home about. And of course, it's gone way too quickly and doesn't leave any sort of lasting satisfaction.

Rating: 4 - Boof!

No comments:

Post a Comment