Thursday, February 15, 2018

Everyday Luxury Kit Kats

The runts of the Kit Kat pack I got, I'm not really sure what to expect from these. Many of them share the same flavors, with the top being the most basic and progressing from there. Will this truly be a luxury as Kit Kat claims? One thing's for sure, I sure can't have them every day... darn shipping times.

The first one is simply cranberry and almonds, hopefully a chance to get a feel for the core flavors that are in all three. Already it looks promising with that delightful Kit Kat smell I know and love plus an interesting looking crumbly top. No cranberries in sight, but they're probably inside.

First taste, and already I'm loving the inclusion of almonds in this! Normally the texture makes me not eat them raw but they really add a lot to the chocolate here. I still don't get any of the cranberry though. The inside seems akin to a normal Kit Kat. All in all very nice even with that flavor seemingly missing, not an especially different experience but still a welcomed addition.

Rating: 7 - Aroof!


Now we're adding matcha into the mix, as well as raspberry if it ends up being recognizable. And it smells amazing! This matcha flavor is very strong, and the Kit Kat is a vibrant green, making my tail wag super fast.

The matcha tastes just as good as it smells! Still no berry in sight or taste, weirdly enough, maybe it's blended with everything for that natural fruit sweetness. There does seem to be a touch of extra sweetness here which really helps the matcha. I really wish these were bigger...

Rating: 7 - Aroof!

The yogurt one immediately has a recognizable yogurt smell, which is quite incredible. It might be a little bit more milk in the white chocolate that's making this happen. The berries are also visible for the first time, via red flecks!

The fruity flavors in this one really shine, with a fully pink inside, and I am quite a fan! Of all of them this feels like the one where the flavors would actually be together normally, in a yogurt parfait, so maybe that's what makes this all work. The yogurt, almonds, and berries... really make it feel like I should be eating this for breakfast, and then almost wakes me up in a sense. I think this could actually be improved by toning down the sweetness just a little bit... but this one is definitely the best of the three.

Rating: 8 - Rowf!

No comments:

Post a Comment