Monday, February 26, 2018

Nyusankin Yogurt Strawberry Hard Candy

This was another bonus item provided by the wonderful folks at asianfoodgrocer.com, and look how cute it is! I hope I have that boy's face after I taste this. This seems to be quite a unique combination, as we have strawberry yogurt, but in hard candy form. I wonder how they'll make this work? It is also said to contain probiotic ingredients to help digestion, and I could definitely use that after today's feast...

The candies have a really nice color to them. It's like a pink pearl kind of color, nice circle shape with wider edges, looks very pretty and quaint. There's no smell to be found, but this tends to be the case with hard candies as all the flavor is contained within.



From first taste I definitely get a strawberry yogurt flavor. The strawberry combines well with the milky yogurt taste and both work quite well in hardened form. It's not an intense, in-your-face flavor but that's okay. Strong flavors aren't needed all the time, sometimes you just need that touch of berry in there. As such it's less sweet than I typically get from hard candies, but after all the hard hitting strawberry and cola candy I've had this month? It's a bit of a relief.

The flavor does get stronger the longer the candy lingers, as if it's saying "here's my final form!" Here the strawberry really becomes vibrant with its yogurt backing, and the comparison actually makes it much more effective, as it was just a background star in my mouth before this. The strawberry peaks a bit above the yogurt flavor but it never forgets its roots. And the candy lasts a long time for such small pellets - you wouldn't expect it to from appearance. Eventually it disappears with one heavy CRUNCH! but the strawberry memories last forever. I certainly had fun tasting and writing about this one, and it's quite a good hard candy! Definitely worth a try.

Rating: 9 - Arooooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment