Monday, February 12, 2018

Kracie Popin Cookin Burger

Meat! AWRUFF! Okay so it's not actually meat, and thankfully I've already eaten dinner so it won't get my mouth watering like it is, but this DIY kit still looks mighty tasty. The bun could use a little more brown, but two patties on one of the burger, plus the fries look nice and potato-ey! My tail is wagging, telling me to dig in, but first I gotta make it.

As usual, we got packets, placemats, a molds, and two utensils! How exciting, not having to do everything with just a spoon or pick. Surprisingly low number of molds too, I see the hamburger buns, the cola, a stripey one for the fries, and a deeper one. Guess it does help that every component of a hamburger is round except for the cheese.




The first step was the fries, and after one sniff it was VERY clear they're going for realism on this one. This powder perfectly captures the golden breaded potato essence and already I'm in awe as to how they did it. And then the next step is microwaving! So this potato dough heats up and expands and have even more of a nice smell! Awrrr how am I supposed to wait to finish making all this?

And then as I heat it up it smells even better, oh no! So much golden potato ambrosia flooding my senses, but must.. continue... it also cuts nicely into pieces, kudos for using the microwave to help it stay solid.

Time to get the meat out and here's the moment of truth... it smells like meat! And looks like it! So much ruff in this. And then the bun mix, which appears to be batter, it doesn't have much of a smell but I wasn't expecting it to.

 And then when I put this in the microwave... oh baby. Meat smell everywhere! It's such a strong and sweet meat flavor, throwing my sniffer into overdrive. The buns also puffed up nicely in this time, definitely resembling some solid, fluffy bread.

 
Onto the toppings! Which means we're almost done, I can't wait! Cheese is next, pretty simple, mix in the powder than flatten it into these two squares. The mix for this one tastes almost like Cheez Whiz, but with a little more authenticity to it, so I'm a fan!

While I lack the tape to assemble these, I should note the paper accessories provided this time! These exist for the true authentic experience, it's a shame I won't be able to try it this time. But I would be too busy scarfing down the finished project anyhow.

Lastly the ketchup. No surprise at this point, a distinctly tomato smell came from the powder and the final mixed version.

And time to dig in! Assembly was fairly easy, especially since the bun molds have dividers on them to make them easier to split. Much easier than those ones where it has to be so precise! And I had some ketchup left over for the fries, perfect! The cola in the back was also simple but should be mentioned.

As for the taste... it sure is hard to blog while waiting to eat these. Anyways, the fries kind of have that soggy fry taste. Which is perfectly okay and understandable given it came from a powder, plus I always liked those! It's that soft comforting essence that's closer to the underlying potato. And the ketchup of course enhances that as always. At this point I take a sip of a cola, and nothing to comment on here... it's as cola-y as ever. Now onto the burger... I quite like it! It is a little different from a standard burger in that it's a little sweeter, but has a really strong meat flavor. I was rather disappointed that after all that work it was gone in a few bites, but that's how these operate. And making the burgers was tons of fun! Taste wise a real burger definitely has the edge over this, so there weren't any really unique taste experiences to be had, but the re-creation was really impressive and it wasn't too much of a hassle to make at all, just fun.

Rating: 8 - Rowf!

No comments:

Post a Comment