Thursday, February 1, 2018

Ginbis Ginza Rusk Strawberry

First up in the TokyoTreat box we have Ginza Rusk, which according to the guide is a two-textured snack - wafer on the outside and soft filling on the inside. And it's by Ginbis, who has brought some nice wafer treats this far. This with pure strawberry could get my tail wagging!

Strawberry treats always deliver a strong sensation to my sniffer, and this one delivered it in spades. Such a pleasant aroma putting me in a daze! It's on the sweet side of strawberry smells, kind of smells like strawberry cheesecake, and the lighter color on the cookies also shows that. The cookies also have a pretty nice looking texture, lots of holes promising a light airy taste that should perfectly complement the strawberry flavor.



The inside of the snack was a bit of a surprise because I expected a more visible cream filling. Instead it seems to be spread within the cookie holes inside. It does make the texture a bit softer inside, but not noticeably so. There's also a yellow color in some areas which is slightly off-putting but has no effect on the taste as far as I can tell.

As for the actual taste the strawberry flavor is more on the sweet and creamy side as predicted. The taste reminds me of a really sweet cereal on the outside (I wonder how these would taste with milk?), and inside it is a bit softer, though I wouldn't necessarily call it a filling, just breaks down a bit easier and has more of a flavor. It's a really pleasant thing to eat - feels almost like biting into a strawberry-flavored cloud with this light texture, although the flavor depth leaves a little bit to be desired, the sweetness is a little too overwhelming. Definitely a nice treat nevertheless, and seems like a really good pairing with milk. I have to go on a hunt so I can't try it myself now, but maybe one of you will?

Rating:7 - Aroof!

No comments:

Post a Comment