Saturday, February 24, 2018

DIY Chocolate Covered Banana

This is definitely one of those DIY kits where I could easily do this on my own... but why spend all that time when everything is here in one convenient package? For that reason it's been a while since I've had a good chocolate covered banana, so I'm excited to taste what lies within here.

Awrr... definitely a bit worried about this one. The "bananas" seem to be these banana flavored chewy candy which smells a bit too much like the banana Laffy Taffys for comfort. Does anyone actually like those? The rest of it is rather simplistic, with a bag for the chocolate frosting and sprinkles, and a toothpick.

After I poured out the chocolate and sprinkles, I was a little bit reassured because the chocolate frosting does smell very good, and the sprinkles are all ball-shaped, which should actually be very good for dipping.

The chocolate required a little bit of pressure to get to stick on the banana, but the sprinkles stuck right on which was a very nice surprise!

As for the taste... it actually works. The chocolate supplies a lot of the flavor that the banana candy is missing. It's really good chocolate frosting actually, sweet and rich but not too much so. The banana candy is no slouch either. It's a bit different from the banana Laffy Taffy in that the flavor is just ever so slightly more authentic, and not as chewy, so it doesn't feel like a chore to eat. The sprinkles also add a well-needed texture element to this, some crunch that makes it actually feel like I'm eating a frozen banana - but no brain freeze!

I'll admit I wasn't expecting much from this, and that banana flavor could still use some work, but it's much better than I thought it would be. Chocolate and banana is a dream come true no matter what form. Hear that Laffy Taffy? I got a product idea for you!

Rating: 8 - Rowf!

No comments:

Post a Comment