Thursday, December 7, 2017

Yaokin Pudding Marshmallow

For once I'm going to cut the fancy introduction and just say these things are incredible. So incredible that this was actually the first thing I ate when I first got the November Japan Crate a month ago, and it was so good that I immediately ordered two of these giant bags of them. This is a real gem, in fact my tail is already going a mile a minute at the chance to try these again. In fact I think my instincts are taking ove---AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!



*ahem* had to calm down a bit. This is a circular marshmallow with an egg pudding-flavored filling inside. Though tiny they pack quite the taste. I hastily rip open the package and already my nostrils get that sweet pudding smell with the fluffiness of the marshmallow to the point where I'm struggling so hard to not gobble this up right now. The things I do for my readers. In fact the little happy pudding on the wrapper is basically me right now - my paws are dancing with anticipation and only bliss in my eyes.
But let's get down to it. I take a bite and I'm already in heaven. The entire treat is sweet all around, with a lighter sweetness on the marshmallow and the majority of the sweetness on the pudding. The pudding filling has a wonderful custard-y taste that really can't be described. It's like if pure ambrosia were mixed with some milk tea and with an egg taste in there and wow I'm really bad at this.

The interesting thing is I tried each of the layers individually and they're nothing special, the marshmallow taste like a marshmallow, and the flavor of the pudding doesn't come through much until it's already down my throat, but together these are a match made in puppy heaven. The fluffiness of the marshmallow seems to be the bread to the perfect filling that is this magical pudding mixture, adding just the right amount of a barrier to prepare my tastebuds to fully process the awesomeness that lies within.

I think if I were to eat these for the rest of my life I would be the happiest wolf alive. You could domesticate me or humiliate me in so many other ways as long as I get my hands on this fluffy custard goodness. This is it. I've been fanatic about pumpkin and peanut butter before but this is a whole new level. Egg pudding may be my spirit flavor. It's everything I aspire to be, fluffy and full of substance, a perfect blend of internal and external beauty, wholesome and sweet but accomplished on its own. Basically I could rant about this for days. Just get some already. I already did, from a site called market-tokyo (though I used their eBay storefront). The kind folks there also sent me a few bonus marshmallows in different flavors that I'll review next. But to sum this up, this is everything a wolf puppy could ever hope for.

Rating: 10 - AWOOOOOOO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment