Sunday, December 17, 2017

Christmas Black Thunder

I've heard a lot about this chocolate but haven't gotten to try it until now. I'm assuming because of this it's good or at least popular. According to what I've read it appears to be a crispy chocolate bar with rice puffs. So maybe like a Krackle? I must say though, Black Thunder seems to menacing a name for this, both in packaging and content (shoutouts to the demon Rudolph on the package by the way). That would be like calling me Black Thunder... and I'm tiny and not menacing at all!


Mmm... it has a semisweet smell to it once again. Japanese chocolate makers get it... you don't make the chocolate too sweet or it masks the chocolate flavor. Still though, it feels and looks kind of like a large Krackle so I'm interested to see how it differs. It's smooth on the sides and bottom and rough on the top, presumably from the rice popping out.

Okay never mind, that's definitely different. How delightful! The inside actually appears to be a crispier form of chocolate, maybe chocolate mixed with rice, and it's really pleasant. The level of crunch is perfect, and you get that strong chocolate taste all the way through with no interruptions. It's as if they kept the same chocolate all the way through but somehow adjusted the texture in the middle.

The chocolate flavor shines through so well, with the semisweet chocolate usage. It does feel a little one-note being only chocolate but this is solo chocolate at its best. I would definitely get this over a Hershey's any day. I was wrong about the name being over dramatic, black thunder is a perfect way to describe what happens in your mouth eating this. Still can't be my name, that's for sure...

Rating: 8 - Rowf!

No comments:

Post a Comment