Saturday, December 9, 2017

Smashmallow Cinnamon Churro

As I mention in my description I'm not limited to reviewing Japanese snacks, because the Americans put out some fun and interesting things too. Why ignore them? This in particular got my hungry puppy senses tingling as I saw it at my grocery store. Marshmallows? Cinnamon? CHURRO??? I'm down. What's even nicer is that these are only 80 calories per serving, important to me as I try to stay in good shape to hunt or play or do whatever I please.



As I open the bag these look and smell so promising. The smell is indistinguishable from a churro, and let me tell you, I love me some churros. The texture of it too is just like a churro but without the cinnamon mess all over my paws (not that licking cinnamon off my paws is a bad thing), and I can see all the lovely cinnamon and sugar bits all over the surface of the marshmallow, and it has that golden brown color of a freshly baked churro too. My expectations are certainly high.

Taking a bite certainly does not disappoint. These hit all the boxes in terms of flavor and texture. The crunch of the cinnamon layer is there, and the sweetness, and to prevent the mouth from experiencing sweet crunchy cinnamon overload there's the fluff of the marshmallow. I feel like I've said this a lot with marshmallow related snacks but it's a perfect balance. There's the bite and the crunch of the cinnamon sugar, the softness and substance of the marshmallow, and just wow. While there are only 80 calories a serving I'll certainly have a hard time putting these down after eating just the suggested serving of 4 marshmallows. What a well-designed snack.

Rating: 10 - AWOOOOOOO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment