Thursday, December 7, 2017

Fue Ramune Whistle Candies: Pineapple

Yep, you read that right. Whistle candies! Seems like Japan likes to have a little more fun with their food, so they created these candies that are basically like Lifesavers, but you can whistle through the little hole in them. Cool right? They probably don't have these in America because American children are annoying and loud as it is, so this would make it even worse. Bleh. Good thing the alpha wolves scare them away every time. As a side note, there are actually 8 in this package, but I've already tried a few out of sheer curiosity. They're fun, I'll tell you that much!



Now curious eyes may have noticed the green box at the bottom of this package. Inside of it is no other than this tiny green plastic lion. I believe the animal in the box varies, but lion, really? They think they're all cool and fierce but I know what they do when they're not hunting. They just nap and lick their paws. Ah well, I'll keep it around as a reminder of what I'm better than. There are also hooks, meaning these are maybe supposed to link into animals from other boxes.

Now back to the candy, but first the sound. If you want to hear what this sounds like listen no further: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ltt5fm9nfd0cujb/whistlecandy.m4a?dl=0 (possible headphone warning) But long story short, as a wolf who can't whistle like humans do, I had my doubts, but this makes whistling so easy. I made sure to review this at a time when my packmates were all out because oh boy this can get annoying. Basically all you have to do is breathe through it and it makes this sound.

The only downside of this is that you can't simultaneously taste and whistle because the candy has to be resting on your lips to whistle. Of course, you can taste and then whistle again, but then you have to do some tongue gymnastics to do that I'm not very good at. Too many teeth. But hey, challenge yourself, maybe you could be better at this than me.

The taste of the candy is excellent. A theme in Japanese hard candies seems to be that they don't stay hard for long, but while this candy follows that it breaks the trend of the hard part having a more subdued taste. This is vibrant pineapple all the way through, and it never gets too in your face. When it breaks down it's that same chalky texture that works so well and it feels almost like you're chomping down on some frozen pineapple mixture or something. Mmmm.... it may be winter here but I feel like I'm in the sunshine already.

Rating: 8 - Rowf!

No comments:

Post a Comment