Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Tohato Sweet Poteko: Honey Sweet Potato Flavor



Again a larger item to the delight of my always-empty belly, these sweet potato rings promised to be one of the more savory items in my November Japan Crate. Sweet potato is definitely one of my favorite flavors to munch on, so my eyes opened wide with delight at three sweet potato items being in this box, but they have to do it right. I've seen many a sweet potato fry ruined by way too savory seasonings. I know I've already seen the brand Tohato repeated in the December Japan Crate with their caramel corn, so they must be a popular brand of puffed delights in Japan. Let's see what they got.



Taking a closer look, as promised they are ring shaped, and have a rough feeling to them as one might expect from a chip. As any curious puppy might do I tried to stick my tongue through the ring and immediately I was hit with a burst of honey which offset the disappointment I experienced when my tongue didn't fit. That's promising, we already have the right flavor accompaniment.

Tasting them brought me more delightful sweetness. The sweet potato flavor is a little subtle in these compared to the honey but that doesn't stop them from being absolutely addicting. These are definitely more sweet than savory but there's a nice balance between the two with just a little bit of salt. As someone who likes to sprinkle sea salt on any chocolate confections I make, I appreciate it. The texture is lightly crunchy but not too crunchy, I think it lessened over time as I left these to sit out for a while (whoops again, I get distracted a lot).

Overall I would absolutely buy these for myself. As I'm writing this almost the whole bag is gone already! How did that happen? Maybe one of my packmates ate them all... Yup, definitely that.

Rating: 7 - Aroof!

No comments:

Post a Comment