Monday, December 4, 2017

Hapi Gummy Candies Mini Hot Dog


As an item part of Japan Crate, I'm not quite sure why they'd include this. It's... a hot dog gummy. Seems positively American. But nevertheless, it's a gummy and shaped like a hot dog, and as I write this it's giving off a tantalizingly sweet smell with some fruit flavors that my not-yet-fully-developed sniffer can't distinguish. What could go wrong?





As I said, I unwrap the package and the sweet gummy smell fills the room in a way that I haven't ever noticed a gummy do before. This is some strong stuff whatever it is. Being new to writing this blog, I have to withhold my primal instincts to instantly chow down even if it looks like meat.

Now I separate it, surprisingly into only two pieces, the bun with what I assume ketchup and relish look-alikes and the hot dog itself with mustard. Does anyone actually put the condiments on like this? Well, it's Japan, what do they know about American food? Anyways I sniff the individual pieces, there's a slight difference but I can't put my paw on it. Ah well.

Like any self-respecting pup I go for the meat first. I detect a strawberry flavor? It's a bit chewier than your average gummy, and plenty sweet. Now for the bun. It has a bit less flavor and chew, and I can't put my finger on this flavor but it actually does remind me of a sweeter, gummier bread. Nice realism! If only they could do that for the meat, mmmmm... I guess I should've tried the two pieces together as well. Too busy eating to think about that.

Overall, would I buy this on its own? Nah. But it was a fun eating experience nevertheless.

Rating: 4 - Boof!

No comments:

Post a Comment