Monday, December 11, 2017

Christmas Chocolate Daifuku

Unsatisfied with my chocolate seeking endeavors, I pull another treat out of the Japan Crate. This one is a daifuku, but I have heard this term before and it actually wasn't, just a marshmallow. Which I am TOTALLY okay with because Japan knows their way around a marshmallow. But this one doesn't seem to say for sure. Looks like a marshmallow to me. It also has another Santa-Rudolph combo on the package which I am loving! Wow I wish I had a special feature like him. Maybe a red stripe on my tail.



I open it and it looks and feels like another marshmallow. It even has the crease down the middle that I remember from another one, so safe to say it's a marshmallow. I should try real daifuku one day. All these confused Japanese kids probably think they're getting mochi. Nah, they probably know even better than me. Anyways, it definitely smells like chocolate, not overwhelmingly so, but enough to let me know of the goodness that lies within. And if it's like the other ones, there will be goodness.

And like every other marshmallow treat, it's a well balanced burst of vibrant flavor. I don't know how they manage to keep doing this. How can that much flavor come from a tiny disc? I must know their secrets. This one in particular reminds me of smores since it's chocolate and marshmallow, and boy is it a pleasant combination. The two complement each other so well, the sweetness and the subdued fluff. I don't even know how much there is to say about these anymore since I've done two reviews for this type of treat already. It just works really well, and I'm consistently impressed with the flavor that comes from this tiny snack. When can we get them in peanut butter flavor? Pumpkin flavor? Green tea flavor? (the last one probably exists already)

Rating: 9 - Arooooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment