Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Mike's Popcorn Brown Sugar Caramel



One of the bigger items in Japan Crate to my delight, Mike's popcorn supposedly is a Japanese staple, and being made by a snack food giant like Frito-Lay I guess it only makes sense. They come in many weird varieties, but my first exposure to the brand is this pretty standard flavor. In the spoiler for this box, I was also told that this popcorn uses brown sugar and caramel powder, so I wouldn't get sticky paws like traditional caramel corn. What is caramel powder exactly? I have no idea, sounds like magic. Those humans can do anything with their food.



Now full disclaimer, I've almost eaten a whole bag of these already while I was on a prowl. Whoops! I would hang my head in shame, but I guess it only speaks to how good this stuff is. And the smell is absolutely tantalizing, like someone's constantly baking cookies tantalizing. So can you blame me?

The texture as advertised is that of normal popcorn, but with an incredibly sweet wave of brown sugar and caramel that almost tastes like I'm lapping up that sweet caramel nectar shown on the bag. Mmm. I don't know how they do it, because it's dry popcorn. I'll have to find some of this "caramel powder" and put it on all my desserts.

Now one complaint, they did promise no sticky fingers, and while that parts true, my paws got the powder all over them... Not a big deal as I loved licking them dry, but hey, they promised.

Rating: 8 - Rowf!

No comments:

Post a Comment