Sunday, December 17, 2017

Jin Jin Jelly Straws

Nijiya Market surprisingly enough is not the only Asian market near my den, 99 Ranch is also rather close. This place sells items from a bunch of Asian cultures though, and this instance I picked up this Taiwanese snack because who doesn't love jelly? As explained before jelly snacks are basically a shot of a flavor delivered in a sweet somewhat-liquid form, nice for a really quick refresher after a meal. These ones come in straw form, which is a very convenient delivery mechanism.

...for humans. For paws it's not the best as I struggle to open the grape one. Even for humans it seems to be a bit of a flawed design because the perforation is a little bit below the jelly, meaning every time you're going to get some on your hands. I can just lick it off my paws I guess! Anyways the grape one has a really nice flavor that's like a grape Jolly Rancher except softer. I like how refreshing it is, sometimes candy leaves your mouth dry but this one requires nothing afterwards.

Onto the strawberry one which drips down onto my back leg (sigh), the taste reminds me of a strawberry tea. Once again very nice, and plenty of sweetness but not too sweet. The pineapple one on the other hand is just like sweet neutral flavor jelly. I don't get much pineapple. So it can be a mixed bag, but overall these are really nice ways to put a sweet flavor into your mouth. I would say without hassle, but there's always a little bit of hassle and mess opening them. Please fix?

Rating: 6 - Aruff!

No comments:

Post a Comment