Sunday, December 10, 2017

Petit Pudding Jelly Custard

It's definitely common knowledge now that this pup loves pudding, and on my run to Nijiya Market to get some pudding I also saw this and couldn't take my paws off of it. So here we are, with more pudding, this time in jelly form. I've also noticed that many Japanese sweets have this jelly format, and it's nice for a quick sweet burst of a flavor. While I'd rather have pudding flavor around all the time, I'm sure this will be quite the pleasant burst.



From the initial open-and-sniff I get that pleasant pudding flavor in my nostrils again, certainly the same as the Hapi Pudding I had before. Unlike that though, there is no caramel layer and no marshmallow to accompany the pudding, this is pure unaccompanied pudding... in jelly form. And as expected the jelly is a subdued yellow color, and looks uniform all the way through with a few bubbles. I should also take the time to mention the cute packaging, I love these cute smiling pudding characters!

Despite the salivating, eating this initially is a struggle. Usually with the delivery of jelly candy it goes straight from package to mouth, and I tried to accomplish this by pushing the bottom of the container against a wall with my mouth but that ended up getting my lips coated with jelly! But after a little more trying I got it and received that glorious pudding taste.

The flavor is excellent as expected, but it does feel like it needs something. Something that the other two pudding items on here did have. The pudding jelly is also not as sweet as the other two layers, which is probably good to avoid overpowering, but I think standalone I would prefer a little more vibrance in my pudding product. Still something I will of course be slurping on for as long as they last.

Rating: 7 - Aroof!

No comments:

Post a Comment