Thursday, December 7, 2017

Sono Manma Cola Gum

Another gum item in this Japan Crate, and it's also cola flavored. C'mon guys, there are enough Japanese candies out there to spice up the variety more than that, right? Nevertheless though, I enjoyed the first cola gum well enough, so I have good hopes for this one. And the cute gum characters on the packaging are certainly beckoning me to try it. The catch with this pack is that there are three pieces of gum, and one is sour. A sense of mystery, how scary!



The appearance of this gum certainly surprised me, they're three white balls, all unwrapped. And the cola flavor is tantalizing. Now I don't taste this much due to my dislike of carbonated beverages, but when I do it's very good, and seems to work perfectly with fall flavors. Maybe that's why there were two cola gums this time around. The cola flavor instantly filling the room is definitely a good sign. The gum being white and not red though? Ruins the effect.

Instantly when I put the first one in my mouth I knew it wasn't the sour one. This gum is as sweet as they get, but not overly sweet, with the cola flavor very well pronounced. Though like the other gum, it lost this flavor very quickly... and now there's none left. I guess I could use the tooth exercise, but I move onto the next one.

And of course right on cue the next one is the sour one. I thought it would be an unpleasant kind of sour but I like it! A slight pucker forms in my muzzle but the cola flavor is as good as ever, the sourness kind of complements it actually. Unfortunately the flavor is gone just as quickly (update: the flavor does last a bit longer at least on the sour one, but it's very subtle). These are pretty good, but I always have a bit of an expectation for the flavor in my gum to last. Maybe I'm just a spoiled pup, but I'd like to see that.

Rating: 6 - Aruff!

No comments:

Post a Comment