Sunday, December 10, 2017

Sour Cream and Onion Scones

Usually scones refer to baked goods, but I guess in Japan they refer to stick-shaped chip. Crazy how each country has their own interpretations on snack food names,with Britain having the different usage of chips from the US. These snacks seem very American, both the sour cream and onion flavor and the cheeto style take on it. Both of which I haven't been much a fan of in the past. Can Japan do it better?



These seem to not be covered in heapings of dust, which bodes well for this snack in multiple ways, in that the flavor may be baked-in and it won't turn my paws a certain color. The smell also reminds me of french fried onions, a Thanksgiving staple. Mmm turkey... Oh yeah and if I ever get a bag of those I wouldn't be able to stop eating them. So if they taste like that, these will be gone in no time. I also appreciate the specks throughout here, probably indicating pepper or some spice added to the mix.

And just like they smell, the taste is very reminiscent of french friend onions, which I love. There's also just the right amount of airy crunch associated with it, a nice balance of texture. These feel well seasoned, with not an insane amount of salt like many potato chips succumb to. Tasting more, I get that sour cream flavor in there as well

...And it's already hard to type this because I'm trying to eat them all. What an addicting snack, and from a pup who shrugs off Cheetos that's a huge compliment. When can these replace the chips in nearby grocery stores? This is the first one that actually perfectly invokes the flavors of sour cream and onion.

Rating: 9 - Arooooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment