Thursday, December 14, 2017

Christmas Fueramune

It's another whistle candy! I'm going to take a guess and say that fueramune means whistle ramune or something like that because I think I remember the pineapple one having this name too. This one though, is not any particular flavor so I have no idea what it's going to taste like. Pretty sure I've seen ramune soda but haven't drank much of it, at least it's been to long for me to have a sense of the flavor. But at the very least, we've got some fun Santa packaging and whistling to go along with the candy!

As expected, it's the same shape as the pineapple candy, but now with a light brown color, nothing too surprising there. It's smell is the same as some of the other hard candies, particularly the Taberundesu-Hi. I guess it's sort of this chalky milky sweet taste. Apparently I'm reading original ramune is a lemon lime flavor? Maybe I'm getting a hint of citrus in this. One day I will refine my sniffer, but until then we have the internet.

Of course first I have to try whistling. This one has the same pitch as the pineapple one, only a bit "grittier" with more noise and ferocity in the sound. So I guess the pineapple one is good for singing, and this one is good for scaring invaders away. Great! Just gotta teach the other wolves how to use them and the we're good.

But I should taste it too, and now I definitely get a citrus flavor now that I've identified it. It's rather pleasant. Kinda has a cola taste to it too, so maybe ramune shares some of those flavors with other sodas. Either way it's quite pleasant. But alas eventually it breaks down and I get even more of a burst of that nice ramune flavor. It's really too bad there weren't more of these included. I was expecting this to be kinda bland but I actually do like it and would like to have more of this flavor. Maybe I should grab some of that ramune soda on my own.

Rating: 8 - Rowf!

No comments:

Post a Comment