Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Tirol Strawberry Assortment

Another assortment of the lovely square bundles of joy that is Tirol. This one focuses on strawberry desserts which I'm VERY excited about as the strawberry jelly Tirol was definitely my favorite so far! They clearly have strawberry down and are good at recreating very complicated things in such a small package, so we'll see how they do on this.

The three desserts shown, from left to right, are strawberry brownie (my namesake!), strawberry tiramisu, and strawberry confiture. I don't believe I've even had regular tiramisu, so no frame of reference here for that one, although the confiture sounds very much like strawberry jelly, so a big aroo if it's anything like that.



First up is the strawberry brownie chocolate, and smell wise there's definitely more strawberry in there than brownie. But appearance wise it's mostly chocolate on the outside with some black specks (seeds again!?), and then half strawberry on the bottom.

Inside the chocolate has a nice crispy texture which is supposed to represent the brownie, but I don't get too much of a brownie vibe from this, it more resembles the texture of the Black Thunder bars if anything. There's also the splash of strawberry at the bottom, but it more feels like the strawberry is just there. Overall it was good but a bit unsatisfying, and nothing particularly special.

Rating: 5 - Ruff!

Next up is the strawberry tiramisu, and it sure is pretty with those three layers! I'm not quite sure what the middle layer is - maybe a cream? That could be exciting. Same general smell from this one, that strawberry is quite overpowering.

The taste from this one is quite pleasant! The three layers all complement each other nicely. Where the link between chocolate and strawberry was missing from the last one the middle layer bridges it all together, and it really makes sense. It's plenty sweet but with oodles of flavor from the three layers. Maybe I'll have to try some strawberry tiramisu now!

Rating: 8 - Rowf!

The last one, the strawberry confiture, eschews the chocolate in favor of multiple forms of strawberry. The outside is entirely pink, but even now I can smell the jelly inside, and based on my last experience with Tirol's strawberry jelly, my tail is certainly wagging.

One bite proves that this jelly doesn't need the chocolate to stand out. On its own it's some of the most rich strawberry nectar to grace this Earth. I'm not even a hardcore strawberry pup, but just what do they put in this stuff to make it so good!? The strawberry coating acts similar to the chocolate coating in being a delivery mechanism for that berry goodness, though I'm convinced the filling could stand on its own. It's so sweet yet so rich in strawberry flavor and has the perfect jelly like texture, I don't even understand! How many tricks do I have to do to get this stuff in a jar?

Rating: 10 - AWOOOOOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment