Friday, January 5, 2018

Black Thunder Kinako

Two Black Thunders in a row? Guess Japan Crate isn't too good at mixing up their candy month to month. Regardless I loved my first Black Thunder bar, and this one has an extra touch to it of kinako, which is a soybean flour. What would that make it taste like? No idea. But Japanese folks certainly know what to do with soybeans from my experience. Many times have I glazed a catch with miso. Mmm.

Appearance wise, it's the same. Smell wise there's definitely something different. A bit more of an earthy flavor I think? Not sure.

Tasting it I can see that the extra chocolate was instead subbed out for the soybean flour. It's a bit of a different taste than the other one. I like the original Black Thunder better because chocolate chocolate is always a pleasing combination and I don't get quite enough chocolate from this one, but it's still very good. The crunch is the best I've had of any chocolate bar and the added soybean flavor is interesting, but there's ultimately not enough of it in here to make up for the loss of extra chocolate.

Rating: 6 - Aruff!

No comments:

Post a Comment