Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Pocky Colorful Shower, Lemon

First time I've reviewed a Pocky on here, huh? This snack seems to be a staple of the Japanese section in most grocery stores, and for a good reason, with it's fun name and unique stick presentation and tons of flavors. Having had some in the past, I think they're okay, with just a few qualms, mainly that the flavor doesn't go all the way down the stick (there's a filled one called Pejoy which fixes this issue), and some of the flavors themselves aren't as strong as I would like them to be. But this Colorful Shower Pocky seems to be a special one, with colorful sprinkles running down the icing. And a lemon flavor! I love lemon bars so it could be very promising.



First thing I notice when opening this is that the packaging is actually prettier than the sticks themselves! There's a cute beach theme going on here. I want to go to the beach now, run in the sand, try to drink the water, end up getting splashed and shaking it all on a pack member... Anyways, there seem to be other package themes too judging from the back of the box and they integrate with a smartphone somehow. Not quite sure how that works. As for the smell test I get a very strong lemon flavor from the package which is promising, it reminds me exactly of a lemon bar. And the sprinkles are a little bit more dulled than they were shown on the packaging, but that won't affect the taste.

Wow, this has to be one of the more vibrant lemon flavors I've had recently. If you love lemon bars, you'll love this. It's a very "in your face" type of lemon flavor, which is funny considering I criticized Pocky for dull flavors earlier... It's like they wanted to prove me wrong. For those who have never had a Pocky the biscuit has a very light snap to it which makes enjoying this a breeze. And the icing seems to go down a bit further than I remembered which is good.

The lemon flavor does get a little bit duller over time without quite the same flavor depth as the snack that inspires it but that's completely fine. They nailed lemon better than I've seen in a long time, and it's really pleasant to eat. Even in the Pocky delivery of tiny sticks.

Rating: 8 - Rowf!

No comments:

Post a Comment