Sunday, January 7, 2018

Maken Gummy Cola

When I first saw this in my Japan Crate I was pretty sure it was a candy version of one of those sticky hands found in gumball machines, suggested by the long spiral arm. Unfortunately this isn't that, instead it's a rock paper scissors shaped candy. Which seems kind of pointless. What are you supposed to do, pick your option before you flip it over and you get to... eat it if you win? I can't even make those shapes with my paws and mine was gummy side up, so I didn't get to have the chance to do that.

The gummy is cola flavored, and definitely has a nice cola smell to it. And like the stretchy hand toys it was quite sticky, I had a bit of difficulty removing it from the package. And upon eating it, that cola flavor still rings through. I do like the flavor when it's not accompanied by carbonation and it's nice to see it used so frequently in Japanese candy. It's very strong here, almost to the verge of overpowering but not quite. Texture is fine, a little bit less on the chewy side than most gummies. It's too bad (or maybe a good thing) that there aren't more, I'd be popping them into my mouth nonstop!

Rating: 7 - Aroof!

No comments:

Post a Comment