Sunday, January 7, 2018

Ginbis Big Bar Z Milk

A familiar face showed up in this month's Japan Crate, another Big Bar Z! And this one is milk flavored, which could be very interesting. According to the description, the milk flavor is emulated by white chocolate, which of course isn't milk, but seems like it could be a noble attempt. I guess I'll see how it stacks up to the normal Big Bar Z, which was a chocolate puffed corn bar covered in a layer of chocolate icing.

Surprisingly this one isn't star shaped, but instead like an umaibo, a cylinder with a hole in the middle of it. And it does very well capture a milk flavor, at least in the smell. I can definitely tell it's white chocolate, but in this case whatever they did made the white chocolate emulate milk quite well. I ain't no feline, but I'm still very much itching to try this and see how this smell stacks up with the texture.

All in all? It works very well. I was worried the puffed corn flavor would clash with the milk flavor but it doesn't, I guess in this case the taste is a bit reminiscent of Corn Pops with milk. All that in the form of a bar! It has a good amount of crunch too to make the flavor seem satisfying, but not so much that it becomes a drag to eat. Unlike it' chocolate sibling, it doesn't have as much icing, which actually works in its favor because it doesn't feel like a tasty outer filling vs a not so much tasty inside. Everything blends together more. The flavor gets ever so slightly stale as I eat more of it, but that's more of a minor nitpick because I can't be satisfied with just milk like those pesky meowers are. But overall, very good job Ginbis! I thought I had tasted all they had to offer, but I was wrong.

Rating: 8 - Rowf!

No comments:

Post a Comment