Monday, April 2, 2018

Weilong Kiss Burn

Have to say, I'm quite scared to try this one. Me and spicy foods don't always go along, and with a name like "Kiss Burn" there's no doubt that it's going to heat up my yap at least a little bit. As for what else is in here, I have no idea, seems like there will be a bit of a meat flavor, so maybe it'll be like jerky? I hope it has more mercy than the peppers and bright red coloring let on.

First glance says... probably not. It comes with the three pieces as advertised, and they certainly have the texture of jerky but are a bit more oily. It has a very in-your-face peppery meat smell to it.

The taste is pretty much as expected. It has that oily pepper taste that you typically get in Chinese food, and it's quite a shock to see in a packaged snack like this. It's also very chewy, as typical of jerky type snacks, but nothing my puppy teeth couldn't handle. The spiciness while evident was quite manageable, it's very clearly there but I never thought my mouth was on fire like many other times, so it's a more pleasant type of heat. All that being said though, this definitely isn't my type of snack. It reminded me of sausage in its meat flavor, which I'm actually not too much a fan of. Others may enjoy it much more and I acknowledge that it has good flavor, but I didn't want to keep eating it all the way through.

Rating: 4 - Boof!

No comments:

Post a Comment