Saturday, April 21, 2018

Thomas the Train Engine Chewy Candy

As mentioned before, Thomas is quite a strange inclusion in an anime box, but he indeed an animated character that's popular in Japan. I didn't actually know this but I guess it makes sense, with more animated characters and trains there. I actually liked these toys as a wee little pup, so it brings back a bit of nostalgia. Except I don't remember the stern looking engine on the right. This candy is also grape flavor which sounds wonderful to me right now on this hot day. Hopefully it'll be plenty refreshing.
Two surprises here, first of all this seems to be gum despite being labeled as chewy candy, and second, the packaging is all very unique! One seems to have a folding craft, one seems to be trivia. All very fun stuff. The gum has a nice refreshing grape flavor, so looking well here.

The grape gum flavor is just as nice as the smell. It's like biting into a refreshing red grape but it lasts so much longer. There does seem to be quiet a bit of sugar on the gum though which means the flavor might not last too long unfortunately, but for now it's very nice. And it's fading away and... gone? Well guess it's not gum after all, I was fooled. It may actually be better this way though since I was expecting it to last a long time. It still lasted a good amount of time for being chewy candy, and has quite a pleasant taste. How this correlates into Thomas I'm not sure, but between the packaging and the candy I'm digging it. I just want more than 5 of them!

Rating: 8 - Rowf!

No comments:

Post a Comment