Saturday, April 14, 2018

Afternoon Tea White Chocolate Milk Tea

I looooove milk tea. So when I saw a milk tea featured in this month's TokyoTreat I was definitely wagging my tail and running around in circles! And now it's time to try it. This is also white chocolate, which is a flavor I don't believe I've had with milk tea before, but it seems like it should blend perfectly, considering white chocolate in Japanese snacks is usually used to create a milky taste.

Unfortunately the bottle is a little smaller than some past drinks considering this little glass is the entirety of the drink! But no reason to fret over that, there's always more milk tea. It's surprisingly a brownish color despite being white chocolate milk tea, but in this case that's probably the color of the tea taking over. I'm not actually sure what kind of tea this is, maybe jasmine or black tea? Regardless it has a nice sweet, milky, earthy, and chocolate-y smell and I'm looking forward to trying it.

It's pretty satisfying to drink as I'd expect. I get milk as expected, then the robustness of the tea, which comes out very strong. The chocolate isn't the strongest flavor in the mix, which I actually quite like, as if it took over everything it would taste more like chocolate milk. In addition because it's white chocolate it blends more with the milk than clashing with it, while the tea flavor still gives it a little of the earthiness that the white chocolate needs. It's also surprisingly on the lighter side of sweetness, which is good considering it's meant to be afternoon tea, so not overbearing. I think it could stand to be a little more flavorful and maybe a thicker texture would do it wonders, but it's a very nice drink! I wouldn't mind more of these and less fizzy drinks in the boxes.

Rating: 9 - Arooooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment