Friday, April 20, 2018

PeiTien Pumpkin Energy 99 Sticks

I'm really not sure what to expect from this one. In some places it's advertised as a pumpkin rice roll, in some as an "energy 99 stick". What could be hiding within? From what I can read, there's pumpkin, brown rice, corn, oatmeal, buckwheat, and mung beans, so this is truly a compilation of a ton of snack materials all into one healthy and energy-giving bar. All with the wonderful taste of pumpkin! Hopefully it'll give me enough energy to run around in the forests all day long and smile doing it with the great aftertaste of pumpkin.

I was initially expecting this to take on a granola bar-like appearance with all the grains featured on the package, but it seems instead everything is ground and blended together. Could be interesting, reminds me of an umaibo right of the bat but the smell is quite different. It has quite a granola bar-type smell, along with the expected pumpkin accent, and what reminds me of coffee? I expect no artificial flavors here with everything smelling very authentic. There's also a filling in the middle, which could be the pumpkin, especially with this advertised as a roll.

It's quite a mix of flavors. At first when I bite through the snack I get the crunch aand the puffed corn taste of an umaibo, but then in the middle comes the creamy texture of pumpkin. It reminds me a lot of the canned pumpkin, and absolutely not in a bad way. It's not overwhelming, but not lost either, it strikes a nice subtle balance. There is also more sweetness in the puffed corn part than I have come to expect which is nice. It's almost gone too quickly, I wanted more of it! It has a really nice light consistency with lots of nice flavors and a comforting feeling going for it. And tastes entirely natural so it's sure to be good for me too. I'm glad I jump on pumpkin things so quickly, as this proved to be quite rewarding!

Rating: 9 - Arooooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment