Sunday, April 15, 2018

Easter Banana Kit Kat

While I have already tried a banana Kit Kat, that one was chocolate banana, and this one is pure banana. It's also got cute bunny pictures on it, so what can go wrong here? I'm looking forward to seeing how the Kit Kat form factor works with a purely banana coating.

The appearance and smell, however, worry me a bit. I have stated before my issues with artificial banana flavors and I'm sure many can agree, and already I'm getting banana Laffy Taffy vibes from this. It's very shallow smelling, and a lot of sweetness and fake banana, and I hope the actual candy doesn't taste like this but I'll find out soon.

Fortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case. The filling saves it here, as it's a bit banana flavored itself and has a deeper, richer taste. It reminds me of a more ripe banana on the inside, very squishy, darker, and a lot more flavor, along with the signature Kit Kat crunch, and I quite like it. It's a surprise that the snack tastes so authentic when the smell isn't quite that, but sometimes the nose deceives. Especially mine. I'm so glad there are more of these included in the ToykoTreat box because it's a great way to get that banana fix in dessert form with a bit of crunch on the side. Kudos to Kit Kat for making a banana candy that doesn't suck!

Rating: 8 - Rowf!

No comments:

Post a Comment