Friday, April 20, 2018

Giant Caplico, Chocolate

It's a hot day outside, it sure would be nice for some ice crea---you mean this isn't ice cream??? Actually I knew that. I've seen these fake ice cream cones lying around in stores for a while and I've always been intrigued. Now it's time to see what they're made of. This one certainly looks appetizing, it's large, and promises lots of crispy chocolate!

The snack certainly bears its resemblance to an ice cream cone. Even as I look at it, I'm expecting it to melt. The chocolate is a little soft on the top, but mostly a crispy consistency, and surprisingly not oversweet smelling - actually smells a little bitter, with some sort of a coffee smell in there? Seems promising.

I initially get a surprisingly soft consistency in the chocolate. My teeth tear through it quite easily and it melts down, which is quite something. Almost like room temperature ice cream with the way it melts and goes down my throat. Inside the chocolate has a more solid texture, but it's still not quite crispy like the package seems to make it out. But that's okay because the wafer cone provides penty of crispiness to supplement it. The texture even changes a bit inside the wafer cone to more of a soft cakey consistency, and where it is surrounded by cone this goes VERY well together. I'm pretty impressed by the mixed textures present within here.

The chocolate is also solid. Like the smell it's on the more bitter end of the spectrum, and I mean that in the best way possible, I really get the essence of the chocolate here. The wafer isn't overly sweet either. This makes the snack very light and it all just comes together and forms something very nice. I wonder how this would taste cold...? Maybe it would be a nice cooling alternative to ice cream that way!

Rating: 10 - AWOOOOOOO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment