Monday, April 23, 2018

Tohato Shin-Chan Chocobi Almond Tofu Corn Puff

Haven't seen any Tohato products in a while! This one going along with the anime theme is from Shin Chan, which I've seen a lot of snacks from but never quite figured out what it was. But this snarling dino on the front might make me want to watch it??? I can't figure out if he's supposed to be cute or angry. Flavor wise I am confused at these being tofu flavored, but I guess almond tofu is quite a popular dessert in Japan, hopefully it's rich, crunchy, and nutty.

As a nice bonus, this comes with a sticker! Rather odd outfit, but nevertheless fun. The puffs are a white color which is a bit surprising, but they have a nice smell. I definitely get the almonds, and then the tofu seems to give it a light and creamy smell, like almond milk.

Tasting it, the puffed corn flavor which doesn't usually appear in the smell goes along quite well with the other flavors, giving substance to an otherwise exceptionally light combination. Everything blends together quite perfectly, and not one thing is overdone. I get plenty of almond, plenty of rich creamy tofu, and it's all great. Sweet but not too sweet. Definitely reminds me of a soft silky dessert, an incredibly comforting finish after lots of hard chomping work. So much so that I can't stop eating it, and then it becomes the main attraction! Too bad there's only so much of it.

Rating: 9 - Arooooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment