Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Kyoro-Chan's Custard Pudding Snack

We finally get some pudding in TokyoTreat, ruff ruff! Interestingly enough these are chocolate flavored as well, which is a combination I don't believe I've had before. They are also supposed to look like Easter eggs per the packaging, which by the way is so cute with the bird popping out of the egg! I hope that doesn't actually happen with this snack because that would be pretty creepy.

I was surprised to learn that not only do these snacks look like eggs, but there's an Easter egg hunt right on the box! On the last try I finally found Kyoro-chan, that sneaky little rascal. The egg appearance of the candies is really nice, not only in shape, but the white color and specks are all very realistic and fun. And the smell coming from the box is absolutely tantalizing. While these are chocolate on the outside, the custard smell comes through loud and clear and I can't wait.

Interestingly enough though, the custard filling is more of a solid crispy wafer texture than the thick liquid-y texture of normal pudding. The flavor still comes through nicely. The chocolate seems to be white chocolate which actually works better, as the milky flavor blends better with the also milk-based custard. The milky flavor of these is also what sticks out the most, with the eggy pudding flavor as an accent. It's not what I was expecting but I do quite like it. It gets a little stale after a while but still a creamy milky delight in each bite. Makes me feel all cozy like I was inside an eggshell! But of course with all the energy to burst out and play.

Rating: 8 - Rowf!

No comments:

Post a Comment