Thursday, April 19, 2018

Kit Kats: Caramel Pudding, Tokai Red Bean Sandwich, Strawberry Cheesecake

What an interesting trio of Kit Kats! I'm stoked for all of these flavors, but particularly the pudding one, as anyone who's seen me review a pudding snack would know. The red bean sandwich one is certainly a mystery in taste to me as I've never had a red bean sandwich myself. The cheesecake one of course I have a good idea of how it'll taste, having had snacks in this kind of flavor before.

The caramel pudding flavor doesn't appear to have much caramel with the pudding judging by the color, but the smell seems to tell otherwise I get some eggy pudding deliciousness in the smell, but also lots of caramel, almost overshadowing it completely. I hope this doesn't upset the balance of flavor, as these two are amazing in ths right proportions.

Looks like I didn't have to worry too much about that. The caramel dominates the smell but I get more pudding in the taste, though something seems off about this pudding flavor. It's a lot more gritty and shallow, and I'm not too much a fan. The caramel also seems that way, being way too sweet rather than rich tasting. It could be the adaptation to this crunchy wafer texture, but they could've easily done a way better job even on the flavor with that in mind. As it is now it's not too pleasant to eat.

Rating: 2 - Awrr



As for the red bean sandwich one, I start of confused, not smelling red bean nor bread. This one looks and smells exactly like the regular chocolate Kit Kats. Maybe some secret surprise is hidden within?

I can tell the red bean flavor is there, but it's still all too subtle. If the average person were substituted this instead of a plain Kit Kat they wouldn't know the difference. I will say that the earthiness of the red bean helps a little bit with the chocolate taste, but it's just confusing. I feel deceived... where's the sandwich part of it even? The normal structure of the Kit Kat?

Rating: 5 - Ruff!

Finally, a Kit Kat that smells like it should! I get the velvety milky richness of cheesecake accented with sweet strawberry from smelling this. It's quite nice and relaxing to smell. The color for this one is white too, meaning that the cheesecake part is a little more prominent then the strawberry... or there's just not any red coloring in this.

Just as it's pleasant and relaxing to smell, it turns out to be quite pleasant to eat. It actually tastes very close to biting through a cheesecake, except with more of a crunch. There isn't much strawberry in the actual taste unfortunately, it's just a very slight accent. But this is still a nice counterpoint to the normal Kit Kat, offering a much lighter and milky take. I'm a fan. I wonder how more cheesecake flavors would work, like raspberry?

Rating: 7 - Aroof!

No comments:

Post a Comment