Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Teriyaki Burger Umaibo


After some weird umaibo flavors, this one seems a little bit normal, but still scrumptious. I love me some burgers and with teriyaki added it gets even better! There also seems to be a knockoff McDonald's logo on the drink off to the side of the burger. I wish McDonald's served teriyaki burgers, I would be all over that... And there's a monkey trying to grab the burger off to the side which would totally be me but I'm not as sneaky with my four stubby legs. As always though a wonderful design on the package.

This is the first umaibo in TokyoTreat that managed to stay in one piece so hooray for that! This umaibo though in terms of color looks a bit like an underdone burger, either rare or no toasting on the bun. Or maybe that's the supposed to be the teriyaki sauce. The smell worries me as it's VERY heavy on the teriyaki, almost to the point of being cloying, but I do get some of that nice burger smell in there.

The good thing about umaibos though is despite the strong smell there's a nice puffed corn taste inside to even things out, and that remains here. So the strong teriyaki smell becomes much more tolerable, so now I can really appreciate it, as it's sweet and tangy but not too much so. As always it's crispy as ever in a delightful way, and I get the nice crunchiness that makes it satisfying going down my mouth the entire time.

The main criticism I have of this is that the burger flavor is barely there. When I want meat I mean it! And here it tastes more like teriyaki fries or a teriyaki bun more than anything. So without that taste it becomes a little one note, but still a worthy eat.

Rating: 6 - Aruff!

No comments:

Post a Comment