Friday, March 30, 2018

Kit Kats - White Chocolate Citrus, Pumpkin, Beni-Imo


Now that I've gotten past some of the standard fruit flavored Kit Kats, things are starting to get a little stranger. There's a white chocolate citrus flavor which sounds great and also has a baseball theme to it. Then there's some kind of pumpkin, which is always welcome, and a peculiar purple sweet potato flavor that sounds like it could be a recipe for success.

Oh no, the citrus one is melty! It has been a hot day, but I don't think I expected this. It's a plain white color, but has a distinctly orange smell that's really nice actually. Kind of reminds me of a creamsicle? I could go for one of those in this hot weather.

Despite the meltiness, this one really doesn't disappoint. It somehow creates such a refreshing feeling in my mouth that it's unreal. It's so creamy and orange-y yet feels so light at the same time. I don't even understand how it can be like this. You'd think that something with white chocolate would be so much heavier, but it isn't. This tastes like all those light refreshing orange-y drinks out there, except unlike those it's candy! I hope they hand these out at hot ballgames... except they'd melt. But you feel so relaxed and cool after eating these. Like a fan blowing orange scented goodness in my mouth.

Rating: 10 - AWOOOOOOO!!!

Well I guess all the Kit Kats are going to be melty in this hot weather. Awrr. So I'm just going to have to deal with it. This one also reminds me of a refreshing chilled dessert, this time pumpkin ice cream that I had a lot when I was a wee little pup. It takes the hearty pumpkin flavor and mixes it with milky ice cream causing it to have a light refreshing touch of pumpkin that calms the spirit. The color in turn is a bit lighter than one might expect from a pumpkin, but if it's anything like the last one I like the direction this is going.

Oh my. Just as I expected, this one takes a lighter approach to the pumpkin flavors and it is also wonderful. I get mostly a milky taste, likely from white chocolate, then a little dusting of rich pumpkin to make it something special. Once again my mouth feels refreshed and relaxed in such a light and creamy way. I think the orange in this case works ever so slightly better to create that feeling, but this is a close second. I would also like a little bit more characteristic pumpkin flavor from this one. As it is I even had a hard time distinguishing it from the orange one, which is a shock.

Rating: 8 - Rowf!

Despite not taking the same approach as the others, this sweet potato Kit Kat was still melty. The color is a light purple as expected, and I can't distinguish anything too odd about the flavor. It's just... sweet. Then again I have no idea what exactly a sweet potato Kit Kat would be like, so maybe this is par for the course.

The taste is definitely more subtle than the other two. The sweet potato gives it a distinct sweetness that is unlike one from just chocolate or fruit, it's more natural tasting, backed by the earthiness of a root vegetable. There's not too much to say about the flavor then, no distinctness of it, just a pleasant earthy natural sweetness. In that case it's underwhelming as I was expecting a distinct flavor, but still a pleasant Kit Kat tasting experience.

Rating: 6 - Aruff!

No comments:

Post a Comment