Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Sakura Marshmallows

Haven't had marshmallows in a while! As some of you may know Japan has instilled a love for marshmallows in me I never knew I had, and while these ones aren't filled with anything the sight of marshmallows again is still enough to make my tail go whap-whap-whap. It's also the first time I've had something sakura flavored I believe, I believe I'm familiar with the cherry blossom smell but in food? Should be an experience.

 I love the shape of these! They seem to take on a sakura blossom shape of sorts which drives home the whole theme of the cherry blossoms blooming. It would be amazing to see that in person. The bag also definitely gives off the sakura smell, I'd describe it as a rose smell but less pungent and more sweet, and with a cherry accent. I'm not sure how it'll play out with marshmallows, but very excited to try them!

The sakura flavor in the marshmallows is quite subtle but it plays off the marshmallow taste and accents it in such a harmonious way. The little bit of flavor that regular marshmallows are lacking, these have. The marshmallows themselves are the perfect texture too! Really soft, but just enough bite to give them substance before they dissolve into a pool of cherry blossom ambrosia.

Tasting them makes me feel like I'm there, curled up under a sakura tree and petals fall onto my nose-ACHOO! Okay so maybe not all of it would be as pleasant as this marshmallow depicts. But there couldn't have been a more appropriate treat in this box - this is a great way to embrace the blossoming of all flowers, and they can even go well in hot chocolate, for when it's not quite warm enough yet for those spring months.

Rating: 9 - Arooooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment