Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Meiji Meltyblend Green Tea

Few things sound more soothing than "Meltyblend". Mmm, a piece of silky chocolate dissolving in your mouth... And this one even has green tea in it, which should add to the soothing flavor! Also manufactured by Japanese snack staple Meiji, meaning this one should be a hit if everything goes well. Though I'm not sure I've had green tea and chocolate together before... we'll see if it's a combination that works.

Seeing as how the "melty" part of Meltyblend could get out of hand, I'm glad to see these are both in a box and individually wrapped. Otherwise one hot California day and these could all melty-blend together so fast! And I'm not trying to have them melty-blend with my paws. The chocolate seems to be on the more natural side of the spectrum. It has a grainy appearance to it which could be great, it brings to mind raw cocoa powder. Smelling it though, I get more of that delectable green tea flavor which is shown on the package. The two of these together is sure to be a hit.

As expected, the combination of chocolate and green tea proves to be slightly awkward at first as my palette adjusts to the two flavors, then is a hit. The chocolate provides a little bit of edge that the green tea calms down, and both provide a good bit of sweetness. It doesn't exactly melt as easy as I'd like it to unfortunately, it has to be coaxed into doing that with a few bites here and there, but as it does the soothing and rough flavors blend together, a representation of the comforts and struggles of life, going down my throat in a sweet fashion. I'd say this is almost too sweet, but it's only just over the edge. I think these two flavors could pop a bit more if they seemed more natural, but that's nitpicky. While unexpected, this combination works very well and I'll sure to have many of these melting in my mouth in the future.

Rating: 8 - Rowf!

No comments:

Post a Comment