Thursday, March 15, 2018

Squid Jerky

This was one of those items, when it arrived I thought "I have to eat THIS!?" Seems like a very awkward flavor and texture combination, and I'm really not sure how they'll make squid work. But I have to trust the Japanese, time and time again they've made the impossible shine. So maybe this'll work after all! After all the texture of squid is not too far off from that of jerky. Combine that with being made so close to the ocean with freshly caught seafood and maybe there's a recipe for success.

Aand once again I'm questioning my decision to try this. Not only does this jerky look like it was peeled straight off a squid, but it smells incredibly fishy. Like, reminds me of being by the California beaches, which is pleasant, but also brings back a lot of memories of the pungent smells there. Do I really want to eat this? Well I'm a wolf and as such I'm told to not waste any food, so here we go...

Okay nope. I can't. Not only is this so chewy I can't bite a piece out of it, but the flavor is possibly even more pungent than the smell. I could just put the entire thing in my mouth but I really don't want to even have the flavor in my mouth for that long. It straight up tastes like rotten fish and saltwater, and I ain't no bear, I don't do that. I really tried, but then I started to gag, so... this one's a no-go. If you're really into really fishy tasting squid and like jerky then maybe give this a go... but otherwise I'd stay far away. I thought this would be okay since I like calimari but this is far away from most prepared squid products.

Rating: 1 - Awwwrrrr...

No comments:

Post a Comment