Friday, May 25, 2018

Yaokin Cream Rusk

 
Despite having a rusk snack in the past, I'm still not quite sure I've figured out what rusk is. It seems that it's a type of sweet crunchy toast, which sounds quite nice, and it's obviously one that translates well into packaged form, with crunchy things staying good for a long time. And who better to make it than Yaokin, who time and time again makes some nice packaged pastries? But nothing has ever topped their pudding marshmallows, mmm... maybe this one can do it.

Unfortunately, as sometimes happens with shipped foods, this one broke in the package. But no worries, doesn't make it any less tasty. As predicted, seems this takes the form of a very crunchy sweet toast, and it certainly has a nice buttery, creamy smell coming from it. Hopefully it's not too crunchy, I want it to have a bit of satisfying squish.

Putting the first bit in my mouth, I'm definitely getting good things from this. The creamy flavor seems to instantly melt and fill my mouth with its comforting essence, all while I crunch away the rest of it. It looks like this is due to a thin top player of soft cream, and although tiny that really does help glue this all together. It's quite simple yet works so well. If a packaged snack is this nice and comforting, I'd like to try the real thing! It does suffer mildly from being a bit too one note, being only cream, I would love to see this paired with another flavor. But what they've done here is very nice.

Rating: 8 - Rowf!

No comments:

Post a Comment