Sunday, May 6, 2018

Boruto Hand Gummy

There are two Boruto snacks in this box and both are pineapple flavored. I assume that's not a coincidence here and pineapple is the designated Boruto flavor. I wonder if they assign flavors to every anime? That would be interesting. This one is supposed to be energy drink flavored, while not an actual energy drink, but I did already get that vibe a bit in the last Boruto snack. Hopefully this will add something a little different into the mix, and if not, it'll at least be a different texture and same refreshing pineapple taste.

The gummy certainly seems to resemble one of those stretchy hand toys. I think I've said this before about other gummies, but this one more than any of them seems to be inspired by that. The hand is very loose and curls up just like those. The flavor is also quite unique and very distinct from the pineapple jelly. Where that was more sweet, this adds a sour component as well, which is really nice, creating an interesting balanced flavor.

When I eat it I just get more of that and it's really nice, definitely like drinking a pineapple energy drink and feeling recharged after a nice romp, except it's slightly more solid. The gummy texture isn't the most satisfying around though, there's a weird consistency too it where it's lacks a little bit of the bite it needs so it melts in your mouth just a little too quickly. I say that though because the flavor is so nice that I want to experience it for longer, but alas it's all over too soon. Not even the tiny second helping of the star can prolong the sadness after that nice flavor left me. Of course I wouldn't be saying this if the flavor wasn't amazing, so it is. Just don't expect it to last too long.

Rating: 8 - Rowf!

No comments:

Post a Comment