Thursday, May 3, 2018

Sriracha Rice Chips

 
Hmm, another box, another spicy snack. I do like sriracha, but in very small doses, as it packs nice flavor but also a ton of spiciness. Hopefully this one can do the same! The other ingredients listed on the package all sound like the components of a very nice rice bowl, although I had to look up what okara is (it's a type of flour). Sesame and soy beans and the pictured garlic and brown rice should also add a number of nice complementary flavors to this.

All looks good so far when I open the package. The crackers have both a nice appearance and smell. They're quite solid and have a varied texture, lots of little air bubbles, but can definitely see that they're baked perfectly and have lots of little sesame seeds in them, and a nice sriracha dusting. The smell brings to mind a lot of crispy rice snacks, with the nice accents of both sesame and spicy tomato-ey sriracha. Now I just have to hope it isn't too spicy!

The spiciness is definitely there but manageable, I'm certainly not rushing to lap up water. The first thing I notice though is the nice crunch as I break through the crispy rice layer. It's neither burdensome nor unsatisfying, and then my mouth is introduced to a wave of flavors straight out of a rice bowl. It almost feels like I'm eating just that, it's incredible just how realistic this is, and the nice aftertaste of that bowl lingers for a while. Even though I'm spice adverse, the spice here doesn't feel cheap either, it's a long lasting heat that adds to the flavor and doesn't cover it up. It also seems to taste a little nutty, and maybe that comes from the soybean flavor. All in all a really nice treat that's really representative of Asian cuisine!

Rating:  9 - Arooooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment