Thursday, May 24, 2018

Happy Turn Soy Sauce Cheese Flavor

Soy sauce... and cheese? It seems totally unlikely, yet at the same time these are both such staple flavors that it's surprising that they aren't usually combined. And I suspect it's not a bad combination, as they both share tanginess and saltiness with each other... though maybe it could come off to strong. If there's any medium to try this on though, a rice cracker is the one to do it.

To my surprise, all of these rice crackers are individually wrapped inside. It was the same for the rice crackers I had yesterday though, so maybe it's a trend. But they know nobody's going to open up this bag and just eat one, so why package only one at a time? Anyways, the actual cracker has a pretty peculiar shape, almost looks like a madeleine from this angle, though I doubt that's the look they'd be going for. The cheese is the most dominant smell here and it's quite strong, hopefully not overpowering. The soy sauce is there too, and for now at least, they don't seem to clash.

The taste of this snack actually reminds me a lot of the umaibos that I've been having. Definitely reminds me more of puffed corn, though I can taste the rice. The cheese, unfortunately, feels a little cheap here, and with the depth it had in some of the other cheese snacks I think it would be an amazing snack. The soy sauce is also a good idea, but altogether these two flavors do come off a bit strong, even with the soy sauce taking more of the supporting role. The crunch also, is just over the edge of too much, it may be personal preferences, but I like my snacks with just a little more give when I bite them so they melt a bit, which of course cheese is known to do. So... it's a nice idea to put these two flavors together, but needs a bit of work.

Rating: 4 - Boof!

No comments:

Post a Comment