Friday, May 25, 2018

Doraemon Gummies

I feel like I've seen this character before on a snack. I'm not sure where, but I have. Or maybe I'm confusing him with the guy that's on every umaibo? Hard to tell with these kawaii mascots. These gummies come in the rare grape flavor that is so rarely seen among all the strawberry and cola gummies, but much appreciated. It's strange that this is a much more common flavor in the US, because I've heard good things about Japanese grapes.

These gummies, to my surprise, are more of the flat and sticky variety like the hand gummy I had last month. They were a struggle to get out of the package but here they are. They also are a little bit smaller than I was hoping for this package size - oh no! The smell is distinctly that of grape juice, very deep rich grape flavor, which bodes well.

My sniffer didn't like, as I get that wonderful grape taste, only a bit sweeter than I recognized before. The texture leaves a bit to be desired here, as the gummies are a little too flat to feel satisfying, I just plow through them and all their grape yumminess is gone too fast, which is not a great thing with the small amount of gummies here. Over all they need just a bit more bite to them. But the short moments of taste I do get from these are quite wonderful, again bringing back that rich grape juice smell, without the trouble of drinking it.

Rating: 7 - Aroof!

No comments:

Post a Comment