Sunday, May 6, 2018

Dragon Ball Z Cheese Puffs

Another box, another cheesy snack. Though I always worry about these Japan seems to do them better justice than America, and maybe this one will continue the trend and go Super Saiyan, or bring up the snack power level to over 9000... yep, that's all I know about DBZ. It also comes with a card, which is a nice touch. I feel like all anime snacks should come with some sort of collectible, especially the ones that feel really underrated otherwise.

Already it seems like I'm in good hands getting a Goku card. These puffs smell very similar to the Umaiwa Cheese snack from last month's box, very much like cheese fondue, which is a very nice smell to have compared to many of the other cheese snacks out there. They may even be the same composition as Umaiwa Cheese, considering the description for this one mentions corn puffs as well.

One again, I get that nice cheesy fondue flavor tasting the puffs, and it mixes quite well with the puffed corn center. The cheese taste is very solid but not overwhelmingly strong, the corn puff does well to help dull it down. It actually seems to continue to be dull the more I eat, but then when I eat another one after a while all the cheesy flavor comes bacl. Very strange phenomenon... This cheese puff seems to do everything right, but it still doesn't seem like a snack I'd be itching to eat. The flavor is good but not outstanding, same with the texture. It doesn't go super saiyan for me, but it's at least a solidly good pick.

Rating: 6 - Aruff!

No comments:

Post a Comment