Saturday, May 26, 2018

Koikeya Scone Rich Corn Flavor


Normally this type of snack I'd pass over as disinteresting, but two aspects of this make me think otherwise. The first is that it's corn flavored, and while Japan is not known for corn they do great justice to corn in the snacks from them that I've had, whether it be the puffed corn umaibos or the Dos Tacos corn chips with a surprisingly rich corn flavor. Also the previous "scones" I had actually had the appearance of french fries but delivered a very nice flavor experience, so maybe the same will be true for this.

While not the most appetizing looking snacks, these scones like the last have a very appetizing corn flavor to them. The corn flavor is ever apparent, like the smell of freshly grilled corn, and it certainly makes my mouth water. I have never been a corn pup, always favoring rice or bread, but the true essence of it is brought out from this aroma.

Tasting it, I get even more of that. The flavor of the corn is accentuated so well by the nice helping of butter and salt here, I feel like I'm eating some of the best quality corn fresh from the fields, even though I'm from NorCal and not the midwest. The crunch alongside it is spectacular too, being so satisfying but not inhibiting any of the wonderful corn flavor. Definitely something I can't stop eating, and it's a shame because while they include so many in the bag, they're dwindling fast! But I just can't get enough of this, it tastes so fresh despite being a packaged snack. Whatever Japan found in making the perfect corn flavor, Mexico's got something to learn.

Rating: 9 - Arooooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment